Every person should be able to live at home independently, safely, and securely. If you or a loved one worry about a medical condition happening at home, Heartland Security offers personal emergency reporting systems.
Our Personal Emergency Reporting Systems (PERS) are connected to your home phone line, and a single button push connects you to a highly trained dispatcher who is there to help, 24/7. No landline? No problem. We have an option that uses a cellular communicator and works on a cellular tower system.
A Heartland Security medical alert system can be installed temporarily or permanently and contains two simple parts: a base unit and a wireless emergency button that you wear. Press a button on either unit for immediate help. A Heartland Security medical alert is:
- Personalized – you pre-select who you want the dispatcher to call for specific situations.
- Flexible – you can choose a wireless button on a neck pendant or wristband. Both are water resistant so you are even protected when you bathe.
- Dependable – the Heartland Security medical alert system is a UL-certified home healthcare signaling device. Our system is built with the latest in long-range wireless technology.
Screenshots of the medical alert system:
How it works
- Wear the Pendant: Press the button on the base unit or pendant to receive assistance.
- Get Immediate Contact: The base unit immediately calls the response center, and a trained response center dispatcher talks to you directly through the base unit to assess your condition and get you the help you need.
- Receive the Help You Specify: Depending on the situation, the response center dispatcher will call the designated person you specify, whether a family member, friend, neighbor, or emergency personnel.
Want to know more about medical alert systems? See our blog post, Security Systems 104: The Basics of Medical Alerts.