Heartland Security currently has 1 job opening. Please see the job description below. Heartland Security is an equal opportunity employer.
Security Technician I – SE MN (1 position)
The Security Technician I is responsible to Install, program, maintain and repair security alarm wiring and equipment and ensures work is in accordance with relevant codes for Heartland Security.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, floors, and other areas as required. Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures have been met.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical and telephone wiring in order to connect components.
- Mount raceways and conduits, and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Keep informed of new products and developments. Order equipment and control inventory parts.
- Perform a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and basic network related problems encountered by end-users of the network.
- Complete all paperwork promptly including timesheets, service tickets, Riders, inventory sheets, and other required for each job.
Education and Experience
- Low voltage training or experience
- Registered tech or PLT license
- Valid driver license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of IPV4 and how to assign a computer an IP address.
- Basic use laptops, tablets and smart phones
- Basic understanding of wireless networking
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Click this link to apply: