Heartland Security has one job opening at this time. However, we are always looking for good people with experience in the security and monitoring industry. Even a position isn’t listed here, if you have experience and are looking for a new opportunity, please fill out the form below. Heartland Security is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking an alarm technician for the Alexandria area. You will have a company vehicle and go straight to the job site from home.
The Alarm Technician is primarily responsible for installing, maintaining and inspecting electronic low voltage alarm systems. These systems include, but are not limited to fire, security, access control, CCTV, and all integrated combinations.
Perform all aspects of installation and service processes:
- Ensure company installation vehicle is clean and in good working order. Report all issues to supervisor.
- Maintain product and tool inventory and procedures.
- Participate in company meetings and events as required.
- Assist Sales Representatives with assembling sales proposals as needed.
- Comply with all safety rules.
Follow Company and Industry Requirements:
- Keep abreast of industry standards and practices, including but not limited to state regulations and laws, industry standards, practices, and code requirements. Understand code requirements, educating and enforcing, as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of all industry trends and changes
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a Minnesota Power Limited Technician (PLT) license and Class C Driver’s License.
Other related duties as directed.
- 2+ years of experience in security, telecommunications or other low voltage preferred
- Knowledge typically acquired through formal technical education in electronic or electrical disciplines
- Power Limited Technician (PLT) license certification and ability to maintain the license preferred
- CCTV or security video installation experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must attain the training, knowledge, and skills to perform the job duties assigned
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness are also requirements
- Intermediate-level computer skills, basic knowledge of networking and IP communications
Member / Customer Service
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity
- Manages difficult or emotional situations
- Meets commitments
- Responds quickly to member / customer needs
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Commits to doing the best job possible
- Keeps commitments
- Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines
Planning and Organization
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Uses time efficiently
- Plans for additional resources
- Integrates changes smoothly
- Works in an organized manner
- Identifies problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Resolves problems in early stages
- Works well in group problem solving situations
Use of Technology
- Demonstrates required skills
- Adapts to new technologies
- Troubleshoots technological problems
- Uses technology to increase productivity
Most work is conducted in business and home settings both indoors and outdoors. Frequent interaction with customers. Activities include working with computers and monitoring equipment, working with power tools to install equipment, pulling wire, answering and making telephone calls, light physical exertion including ladder work. Local travel in the western to central Minnesota area. Climbing a ladder and lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.