According to the FBI, just under 1 million burglaries took place in America during 2022. Though the occurrence of home burglaries has decreased over the past decade, it remains a real concern for many Americans.
With a visible security system in place, the chance of your property being burglarized is reduced by 53 percent (security.org). Security systems can also help prevent vandalism and theft.
Security systems provide a visible, audible warning to potential criminals that their actions are being monitored and recorded. Besides installing a custom Heartland Security system, here are some other tips to help prevent property crimes:
- Keep your trees, grass, and other plants trimmed. It is easier for criminals to hide in overgrown shrubbery.
- Install good lighting. Dark spots make it easier for those with bad intentions to move through your home, property, or business.
- Maintain your home. Burglars will look for older window frames and doors that are easier to break.
- Keep lights on even if you’re not home. Consider adding timers on your lights to turn them off and on, and leave a radio or TV on inside.
- Lock windows and doors. Install deadbolts on exterior doors and place a sturdy stick or metal bar in the track of sliding doors and windows to prevent them from being opened.
- Place a Heartland Security sign outside your home.
Heartland Security offers full intrusion protection, including glass break sensors, window and door sensors, and cameras. Systems are custom-built to meet the unique needs of each home, and professionally installed so you can be sure it is working properly. All new systems are locally monitored 24/7 to rapidly alert you and emergency services to a break-in.
Call us today at 888.264.6380 to get your free custom quote.